Monday, November 29, 2010

Creating a new Tonya.

It is time. Not like all of those times before. This time it is serious. Alex and I talked for 2 hours last night about changing our lives. Not just our bodies, but our entire lives. So here is the plan. Eat better and exercise. Say family prayers and never miss paying tithing. Stop the unnecessary spending and save more. Keep the house clean. Sounds easy right? WRONG!

As we started to look at what we wanted to change about our life I started asking myself what I am doing right in my life? The answer? Not a whole lot. I am not trying to feel sorry for myself or gain the sympathy of others. I know my life needs to change. But here is the harsh reality, I am not doing what I need to do for my family. The most important thing in my life is my family and I am wasting the best years of our lives. I want to be around for Paige and Alex and set a good example for them. All the things that we want to change in our life will make our life infinitely better, so why is it so hard to change?

It is all about sacrifice, and I have finally come to a point in my life where I want to change. Not eating a second helping of Pumpkin Pie is a hell of a lot easier than having to work out an hour on the treadmill. Turning off the tv to read Paige a book isn't too hard either.

I know this post is so much more about weight loss but being fat isn't my only problem, just one of the many. It is time to take some control of my whole life and I hope y'all will enjoy the journey.

xoxo
Tonya

P.S. I am weighing in at 246 this morning. I will never weigh this much again. I did and hour of cardio at the gym and burned 390 calories. Surprisingly you can sweat and breath hard without dying...who knew!?

7 comments:

  1. Good luck lady. There is nothing easy about any of that. I'm right there with ya progressandreasons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh...love this post! i feel the SAME WAY Tonya!!!! about everything. thanks for the little kick in the butt reminder :) best of luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Tonya! Cory and I are doing that too! It's so easy not to change, but the benefits are totally worth it. We have gone to church twice now. We have keep current on the medical and all that. Good Luck! Call if you need to talk. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonya!

    I LOVE your motivation! You can do it! It hard, but its doable. I totally understand because I have also have struggled with my weight. I lose, I gain, I lose. Its been a very hard thing in my life. Ive learned a lot through my journeys and I am still learning. Just remember to do it to be "healthy" (body mind and soul) and not just to be "skinny". When I got really thin, I still didnt like myself much and I still thought I was fat. Just because I was "skinny" didnt mean I was happy. Sometimes we think,,"If I was skinny my life would be so much better and I would be happy." This statement isnt true unless you work on yourself inside AND out. Being healthy IS important, especially so you can be around for your family, I do agree. Just try to find a good balance. Dont deprive yourself too much. Make sure you treat yourself here and there and dont expect perfection. You will have your ups and downs but the key is too keep going. Sometimes when I would go off track with my eating, I would quit because I thought I had failed. Just keep going even if you get off track. I wish you the best and look forward to following your journey!

    Maren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Tonya and Brenda,
    I am so proud of you. I know that you think that I have no idea how hard it is to loose weight but just remember that you haven't seen me in awhile. After my son was born so sick last year I got depressed. Really really depressed and unfortunately I eat when I am sad, so needless to say I have gained a ton. I was 196 when I weighed myself six months ago and I was sick about it. I have since then lost and gained the same five to ten pounds and haven't been able to keep at it. I am at two weeks tonight never missing a day at the gym. Yay! and I am down to 188. I hope to keep loosing and be at a healthy weight in the next year. I talked to my doctor and found out that loosing more than three pounds a week is not healthy and usually if you loose more than five you will gain it back within six months. I am sticking to these three simple rules. Eat less,Exercise more, DON"T GIVE UP. The fact that I love fresh fruits and veggies is helpful and when I want a treat I don't deprive myself I just limit the amount I eat and drink lots of water before or after so that I'm not too tempted. I Know that you can do this. Just knowing that you are trying inspires me! You are amazing women and I respect and admire you both. I love you and miss you ton's- Karen Byrne (Wilda)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the face lift on the blog :) I have complete faith in you girly! You're seriously one of the strongest people I know, and I know if you stick to it and it's something that you really want, you'll achieve it! Don't expect it to come overnight (that's not realistic), but slow and steady WINS THE RACE! I <3 your guts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. “Be the change you want to see in the world.”- Mahatma Gandhi

    I am right here with ya Tonya, and I extend to you my loving support and encouragement.

    You are creative and resourceful and I have faith that you WILL carve out your own unique path to experiencing a life of passion, fulfillment, and joy.

    Becoming conscious, responsible, and aware of ourselves, our choices, our actions, our beliefs, our own happiness is our first line of business- it’s is my first line of business.

    Call me if you need some life coaching ;) Sandy

    ReplyDelete