Friday, December 17, 2010

To swim or not to swim...that is the question

I'm having a bitchy day today. No real rhyme or reason, just a bad day. In my effort to improve all aspects of myself, I've been trying very hard not to take my bad mood out on my family. It hasn't been easy since every thing they do tramples my last good nerve. I've heard exercise makes you feel better. While I was skeptical at first, I can honestly say it does! Who knew?

Instead of wallowing in bitchiness I decided to take my family to the pool. I didn't realize the pool didn't open until 11 a.m. (we got there at 10:30) so while James took Bridget into the gym, I went and walked around the pool for 30 minutes.

It felt good.

I've reached a point where I'm so out of shape and fat that life just isn't as much fun as it used to be. I hate having to take a few moments after I walk up a flight of stairs because I'm huffing and puffing so hard. I hate feeling uncomfortable in my jeans because they are tight. I'd like to tell you I'm turning over a new leaf but breaking 35 years of bad habits is hard! But I'm counting today as a victory and already looking forward to tomorrow's work out.

Eating is going to be the challenge for me I think because no matter how hard you work out, you have to be eating well too. Its been a struggle for me with James home during the day but I'm trying to get all three of us on a schedule of good breakfast, lunch and dinners with a few healthy snacks thrown in there.

Thank you to everyone who has followed our blog this year. Stick with us. This story will have a happy ending, it's just going to take some time.

2 comments:

  1. Love you so much! I am so proud of you. I know you will succeed this time because you finally are ready to. That is where I am too! So happy and proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice lady! It's amazing how a little workout can put me in a better mood... I should do it everyday! Love you lady. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete