Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas is over...let's move on.

2 weeks ago I was on cloud nine. I had almost lost 10 lbs and I had a game plan to survive the Christmas holiday without gaining weight. Too bad sometimes life gets in the way. My best friend Whitni who is 29 was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. It is such a shocking and sad diagnosis that I can hardly handle.
The past year and a half Whitni and I haven't gone more than a few days with out seeing or talking to each other (besides that 2 weeks she spent with her husband in Europe! Pure torture for me!) She is being treated at the Huntsman Center in Salt Lake City, which means that Roswell feels empty. It really is a two edge sword because SLC is the absolute best place to get treatment and I wouldn't want her anywhere else, but Roswell is almost unbearable without her. It isn't like I don't have good friends in Roswell, but their just not Jared and Whitni.
Sorry for hijacking this weight loss blog with such downer news, but I just had to express what I am feeling. Maybe it is the only way to get out of this rut.
On happier news, I am so looking forward to this blog in 2011. Not only will Brenda and I be kicking ass and inspiring others to lose weight, but we will have others amazing transformations highlighted on the blog.
I love you all and am so grateful for all the friends, family and total strangers who support us on the super hard and not so fun journey to be skinny bitches.
xoxo,
Tonya

Here is really the only picture I have of Whitni and Jared. Paige actually took it, hence the silly faces. Please pray for my BFF. I love her so much and I know she can kick cancers ass.

1 comment:

  1. We ran across your blog from Whitni's Facebook page we are BFFs of Whitnis mother, we were happy to read that Whitni has such good friends there in Roswell, Whitni is a special young lady it has really upset us that she is so very Ill. We are continuing the prayers and have put her name in the Temple. we believe in the power of prayer and feel the more people the better,
    And like you said "here is to kicking cancers ass"
    Bunny and Robyn

    ReplyDelete