Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A disclaimer

After the great comments I've been getting, I felt like I needed to post something. I'm not a doctor or health care professional, just a fat girl figuring out what works for her. When making a lifestyle change, its important to be safe about it.

Tonya and I will NEVER tell you how to live, eat or what to do. We are here to share what's working for us and try to give you tools to help yourselves. Regular contributor (and lovely cousin) Emily Fonnesbeck said this in her comment and I agree with it whole heartedly:

"If you're going to do it, you have to do it ALL THE WAY. 
Meal replacement shakes are just that- a replacement for a 
meal, and they can contain a lot of calories. This isn't an issue 
unless you can't say no to other foods. You can't drink a meal replacement shake and then 3 hours later have a huge snack 
because you're starving. Personally, drinks only work for me 
in the morning, but even then, by 11:30 I am really hungry."

I feel the same way. I can't replace two meals a day with shakes, I feel like I'm starving. Breakfast works good for me but a few hours later I usually have to have some fruit or a low-fat string cheese to take the edge off. The right kind of snacking is good and I feel it does go along with meal replacements.


The bottom line is, try things out and see what works best for you. The whole point behind a lifestyle change is adopting something you can live with. If you're comfortable with your new lifestyle, your ability to maintain it increases exponentially. Love you all, thanks for listening!

1 comment:

  1. Well gosh I feel kind of neat! Thanks for the quote!

    ReplyDelete