Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day BBQ

Memorial Day and BBQ's go together like baseball and tight pants.  You just can't have one without the other.  Normally thoughts of healthy food get thrown out the window on this oh so wonderful holiday, but not this year.  I am still determined to stick to my diet and eat something good today.  So instead of hamburgers, ribs, hot dogs, brats, chips, dip, pies, ice cream or some other delicious concoction I will be eating turkey burgers, Baked Lays and grilled corn.  And to be perfectly honest, I am really excited about it.  Turkey burgers (or as Paige calls them, turgers) with the sandwich thins instead of regular buns are a yummy and healthy alternative to a good old hamburger with a big white bread bun. 

I know the ONLY way I am going to be sucessful at losing weight is to find 'good for me' alternatives that actually taste good.  I would rather not eat anything than something that tastes horrid.  No matter how healthy it is for me.  To me food isn't just a fuel for my body, it is a way of life.  So if I can find a healthy way to eat and live I will be a happy girl.

On a side note, thank you to all the men and women that have fought or are now fighting to protect us.  God bless America.

xoxo
Tonya

P.S. I am weighing in this morning exactly the same as yesterday.  I can't complain.  Better to stay the same than to gain!  And since I didn't exercise yesterday because it was Sunday I am going to count that a BIG win!

1 comment:

  1. Wohoo!! Good going chick ;) You guys can do it, I know you can!!

    ReplyDelete